Join Our Team
“When I first heard that Element Data’s technology will change the way people and organizations make decisions, I had to be a part of it!”
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Element Data is assembling a team of the best minds and most experienced engineers in the field of artificial intelligence, machine learning and cognitive computing. Our highly motivated team is focused on developing the most comprehensive cloud based decision insight software to help individuals and organizations make better decisions.
Whether you’re just starting out in your career or are an industry veteran looking to be a part of a smaller team, we have a place for you. Your team will be led by serial entrepreneurs and seasoned technologists with long track records of success who are eager to teach others and foster new ideas. Join us and help improve decision-making for the masses.
We are seeking a talented software developer to join our engineering team. We offer very interesting technical problems, collaboration with experts in artificial intelligence and machine learning, and the opportunity to participate in building a brand new, cutting edge platform.
- Participate and contribute to the product development planning process
- Collaborate and partner with other developers and program managers to execute the software development plan
- Design & implement software solutions to platform problems
- Integrate and test software solutions to platform problems
- Understand, maintain and enhance existing backend pipeline and application platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related area
- 2+ years of Experience Web Services and APIs.
- Strong knowledge of developing APIs and Web Services for web applications
- Knowledge of data processing pipeline development
- Experience with Object Oriented design and development
- Experience with Web protocols HTTP, HTTPS, REST API
- Experience with Git
- Must be self-starters with excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical, design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Experience with SCRUM or other Agile software development practices
The ideal candidate would also have:
- 1+ years of experience in programming with open source technologies including Google Maps, Redis, RabbitMQ, and Elastic Search. Docker is a definite plus
- Experience administering Git repositories, issue tracking software like JIRA is a plus
- Experience with technologies like SPARK and Hadoop are a plus
Social Media Content Analyst
Element Data is looking for a content analyst to assist our team in training a machine learning platform. This person will be responsible for reading and categorizing social media content. This is an entry level, part-time contract position.
- Analyze social media content for relevance to a topic
- Tag content to a taxonomy
- Work with a web based editing tool
- High School Degree
- 1+ year of work experience
- Highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-directed, positive, motivated, and resourceful
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Curiosity for wide array of content categories
- Strong analytical skills
Technical Product Manager
Element Data is looking for a Technical Product Manager to own multiple initiatives across the platform. You will work with a team of developers to create software, tools, and processes that have a direct influence on the overall experience of all Element Data offerings.
As a Technical Product Manager at Element Data, you will help product leadership, quantify the impact of product features, and balance business needs against technical constraints. You will work closely with stakeholders across various design, development, and business teams to identify and drive innovative solutions that allow Element Data to create a better customer experience with less effort. In this role you are responsible for product specification including Application Programming Interface (API), design, execution, and management of the project.
- Work closely with engineering, design, and business leadership; act as the interface between the business, software development, and design teams
- Ensure business needs are met without compromising long-term value for our customers across multiple locations
- Develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs
- Manage multiple competing projects simultaneously
- Facilitate roadmap development, standups, retrospectives, and other meetings
- Scope initiatives with a strong understanding of API design, web development, and systems architecture
- Articulate your initiatives across diverse groups inside the organization
- Increase insights on user behavior and pain points; identify, measure, and improve key customer experience metrics
- Promote metrics and KPI driven decision making
- Be a guardian of world-class customer experience; continually raise the bar on functionality, consistency, usability, and simplicity
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- 2 to 4 years of product management and/or program management experience in a technology focused business.
- BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity or competing priorities
- Experience working with stakeholders across functions and locations
- Prior working experience with software development teams
- Experience using and designing REST API for complex web services
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Proficient with web services, online technologies. User interface design experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of current web technologies
- Experience interpreting and communicating metrics
- Work experience with Jira and Kanban is a plus
- Exceptional collaborative and relationship skills including the ability to discover the true constraints and underlying needs of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
Element Data provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Element Data complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Element Data expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Element Data’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.